Here is what's awaiting you:
- 5G-Ready – All-in-One Active/Passive Hybrid Antenna
- Macro Connectivity – True Platform Concept
- Small Cell Connectivity – Canister Antenna
- Connectivity Evolution – TDD Beamforming
- Connectivity Evolution – FDD/TDD Antennas
- Connectivity Evolution – AIR 3246
- Connectivity Evolution – vRAN Support by Smart Active Antennas
- Connectivity Evolution – mmWave Repeater
Kathrein's innovative antenna system combines various mobile radio standards and technologies.
- State-of-the-art passive multiband antenna technology with integrated 4x4 MIMO functionality
- Latest 5G mMIMO technology
- Flexible and modular deployment, easy installation
- Existing antenna sites can be easily upgraded to 5G
- Optimal cost-benefit ratio
Development partnership between Orange, Nokia and Kathrein
Kathrein's platform concept enables perfect choice for each customer regarding “fit and function”.
- New antenna platform enabling side-by-side lowband array configuration in only 378 mm width industry-leading form factor
- Re-use of specially designed platform components like phase shifters and filters secures outstanding component quality and makes antenna customisation faster
- Three different width base configurations, 378 mm, 448 mm and 488 mm, offer perfect choice for balancing required maximum port count, available site space and antenna performance
Related to: Multiband Antennas, Antenna Customisation
Kathrein's small cell canister antennas offer exceptional multiband RF performance with low visual impact to improve operator competitiveness – particularly in densely populated urban areas.
- Two new bands for conditional use by wireless operators (3.5 GHz and 5 GHz band) are supported by Kathrein’s latest small cell solutions, enabling immediate access to more spectrum
- Most compact and versatile form factor on the market today, making them one of the easiest to zone and install, providing a faster path for operators to add a small cell layer underneath their macro network layer
- 4xMIMO in most bands right out of the box as well as superior coverage characteristics enhancing network capacity where it is needed most
Related to: Densification for 5G, Coverage and Capacity with Low Visual Impact
8T8R beamforming will be a main pillar for the future 5G eco-system through use of cost/capacity-optimised access technology in a propagation-friendly frequency range.
- Combining outstanding radiator performance with cost-effective PCB technology to build TDD stand-alone antennas which perfectly match the cost/performance requirements
- Compact antenna with column beams optimised for beamforming
Related to: Beamforming Technology, 5G Applications
Kathrein is working on solutions which will push the integration limits of FDD/TDD antennas.
- Use of the world’s smallest FDD side-by-side LB platform for integration of TDD elements
- Novel LB interleaving technology, maximising performance in FDD and TDD bands
- Highly integrated TDD sub-system allows easy scalability of the system itself and easy migration to different FDD architectures
Related to: Multiband Antennas, 5G Integration
Kathrein’s antenna for an active antenna system (AAS) to enable massive MIMO on FDD
- Supports 5G digital horizontal and vertical beamforming in AAS radio
- First commercial usage of Massive MIMO technology on FDD in US market
- Wideband array antenna covering B66 and B25 (US) as well as B1 and B3 (rest of world)
Related to: 5G Massive MIMO antenna technology for AAS
Kathrein develops highly integrated, flexible and maintainable active antenna products for both multiband up to 2.6 GHz and C-band to support the effective deployment of vRAN. Standardised and open interfaces between vRAN BBU and radio units based on open RAN will further drive innovations and compatibility between radio equipment.
- Massive MIMO C-band antennas with vRAN BBU integration
- Integrated radio with field replaceable radio components for multiband antennas
- SW upgradeable BBU interface integration (CPRI/eCPRI or openRAN)
- Light weight through higher integration
- Best-in-class PIM performance through Rx/Tx separation for multiband antennas
Related to: Smart Active Antennas to Support vRAN
Kathrein develops and tests related repeater systems to enable an economic deployment of 5G mmWave system in 24 GHz, 28 GHz and 39 GHz. Combinations of one donor antenna with one to three service antennas will further increase the number of use cases and improve the network coverage and performance and thus the mmWave business case of our customers.
- First trials in the US, Europe and Asia and plans for several new trials around the world
- 28 GHz repeater system trial showed tremendous coverage improvements by bridging distances between base station and user equipment (UE) of up to 825 m
- In the trial, the repeater proved its performance also for mobility use cases
- Reduced CAPEX and OPEX of the repeater system vs. installation of additional base stations (lower device cost, no fibre backhaul) will improve the business case of mmWave deployment and exploitation for mobile and fixed wireless access likewise
Related to: mmWave Repeater