The development potential of modern production facilities derives from the technological innovation capacity and efficiency of complex industrial processes. Conventional CIM technologies no longer reflect the state of the art, so new solutions are in urgent demand. “Industry 4.0” and “Smart Factory” are the new visions of industrial automation, aspiring to maximum efficiency in terms of quality, cost and time as well as optimum total value of ownership.
Kathrein offers the solution expertise to meet any conceivable industrial challenge. We use UHF-RFID technology to turn products into smart objects. This enables efficiency-enhancing methods of self-configuration and self-optimisation. In this way, we are able to offer companies attractive improvements in production monitoring, material flow control and workpiece tracking.
Users also benefit comprehensively from full identification of machines and production lines, improved workpiece positioning and optimised kanban systems. Production data capture is enabled by a portfolio of UHF-RFID reading devices and antennas that is both extensive and high-quality, as well as by our integration tool CrossTalk SW. These allow connection with Auto-ID devices, highly efficient real-time tracking of products and flexible control. Based on our longstanding experience we are able to create smart production environments with flexible, cost-optimised installations. In doing so we provide our customers with dedicated support during each phase – from project definition and selection of the right components through to putting the industrial facilities into operation.
- Planning: feasibility study, surveys, network design, implementation planning, application and test centre
- Implementation: installation, start-up and handover, project management, integration in ERP systems, mobile apps
- Maintenance: technical support, hardware service, software service, on-site service
- Material provisioning: accessories and consumable supplies, individual components
- Training: hardware, software and application training
- Logistics: worldwide supply chain and on-site management